Posted by: Michelle | 2013-01-31

Excessive Sweating &  Blushing on face and head.

Good day,
I am a 27 year old female, healthy, fit and sociable. Even though my blushing is a constant and ongoing problem, I have made some peace with it as I have been having this problem from a very young age.

My major problem is the excessive sweating in my face and on my sculp. I am quite active and the minute I start my training session (Winter or Summer) I start sweating profusely and it continues for about an hour after I stopped my excersise routine. I have long, thick hair and it is extremely annoying and embarrasing walking out of the gym with a RED and WET face and completely DRENCHED hair.

I have read about a Micro ETS (Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy) Surgery done to remove the sweat glands from under your armpits. Would you recommend such a surgery? Where in South Africa/Johannesburg would one be able to get this procedure done?

Thank you for your time in advance

ETS is a controversial procedure that interrups the function of the sympathetic nerve. It can be very successful and yield good results. Please refer to the following link for detailed information about this procedure and the risks etc:

You can consult a cardio-thoracic surgeon to have the operation performed.