Question
Posted by: Basie Piek | 2010/08/04

Excessive snoring

Good morning, I snore so loudly and excessively that myself and my wife use seperate bedrooms. I wake up three to four times a night and then I cannot breathe I feels like I have been suffocated, obviously this is not normal what can I do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You are quite correct - this is not normal. It sounds like you may be suffering from a condition called Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. This is a common condition, occurring in about 10% of men.

In severe cases there may be a 7 times higher risk of falling asleep at the wheel, and a 23 times higher risk of heart attack, amongst other things.

So right, you need it attended to.

You need to get to a sleep doctor, who will arrange for you to have a sleep test. Once this condition has been properly diagnosed, it can be effectively controlled. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition, and your doctor will be able to discuss alternatives with you.

It would be best if you got this attended to as soon as possible.

2
Posted by: Christo Stephan | 2014/01/08

How does a male increase the size of his genital when fully erect.

Reply to Christo Stephan
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/08/05

So right, you need it attended to.

Reply to Sleep expert