Question
Posted by: embaressed | 2008/09/30

Excessive perspiration

Dear DietDoc,

Please can you help in identifying what causes my problem as well as how I can treat it. I seem to perspire excessively (armpit area), that bad that I cant dare to wear any light shirt except black as my armpit area is drenched and it happens during hot &  cold weather, as a matter of fact anytime of the day I dont necessarily have to get hot. It has become a huge problem as I feel self conscious of it and cant wear sleeveless tops. I use a good antiperspirant roll on and never spray deodorant / perfume under my arms. I am a bit overweight and gyming alot to get the weight done as I dont favour diet tablets. My eating is vegetarian basis as I get ill from red meats and food with high protein. Could it be that I am overweight that the sweating persists or is there a medical condition that I suffer from. I am too embaressed to discuss it anyone even my partner. I really need you help PLEASE!!!!
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The sweating has started from about 1 1/2yrs ago but it has become more noticeable.

Dear Embarassed
The excessive sweating is a medical condition called hyperhidrosis, and you need to see a Dermatologist (skin dr) to help with this problem. There are successful treatments available which the Dermatologist will discuss with you.
Go for help immediately

1
Posted by: LEANNE | 2008/10/17

HI
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IT DROVE ME CRAZY.I WENT TO THE DERMATOLOGIST PAID ABOUT R250 FOR 5 MIN AND HE RECOMENDED A ROLL ON CALLED DRICLOR.YOU GET IT FROM THE CHEMIST PUT IT ON AT NIGHT AND WASH OF IN THE MORNING.IT WORKS FOR ME I CAN GO FOR 2-3 WEEKS NOW WITHOUT EXCESSIVE SWEATING.

Reply to LEANNE