Posted by: Ellen | 2011-05-31

Excessive period pain

I''ve been having excessive period pain since I was 15 years old, I am now 44 and the situation has not improved, I am finding that it is getting worse. For about 2 days every month I cannot function normally because the pain is so bad I need to either stay in bed or keep myself as still as possible. I have moved around to different cities a lot, and have seen a lot of doctors and gynaes. They all tell me that this is abnormal, and every time I get different medication. Nothing works, I have tried everything, including the mirena. The mirena however, worked, but sexual intercourse felt like someone was sticking needles into me. I lost my job because of this, no employer will put up with it and frankly I don''t blame them. I just want to function normally and be able to find a job again. I have no medical aid because of the fact that I am unemployed, and cannot afford expensive tests. What options do I have?

You don't say what you have tried before, but the Pill often helps, as does Ponstan.