Posted by: Fay | 2009-07-31

Excessive hairloss and skin problem after child birth

Hi Doc,

I gave birth to my son in January and since March/April I have been experiencing excessive hairloss. My facial skin is also extremely dry and I seem to be getting fine pimples which itches and then the skin dries out and it is seems as if it there is now some discolouration of the skin where it was dry. I never had a skin problem previously besides the fact that i have a very sensitive skin. I am not using any new cream/moisturiser. Please advise me. I do not want to go bald and my skin really feels terrible.

The hair loss is quite common. Tryt Vi-gro shampoo. It seems that you have more than dry skin, but you should probably see a dermatologist to assess the problem.

Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2009-08-02

Go and have your thyroid check

Reply to Tinkerbell
Posted by: Anna | 2009-08-01

I' m very intrested to see what doc says becos EXACTLY the same is happening to me. i even thought it had something to do with breastfeeding.

Reply to Anna