Posted by: Ansh | 2009-02-14

Excessive gas and discomfort

Dear Dr Bets,
I started having problems with my stomach/ intestine when I was 15. I never knew where they came from or why, I just felt like i was about to explode after every meal. Soon I started to feel a lot of pain in a determined part of my stomach, which got worse every day. So I stared eating as little as half a glass of food, every 3 hours including during the night and it went away in a matter of a month or so. My doctor pressed my belly once and said I had nothing. But I always think I must have had an ulcer. But the thing is I have never been 100% ok ever since. My belly bloats with every meal, right from the moment I swallow the first piece. I get excessive gas and it causes pain, sometimes a lot of pain. I don' t even know what it is to not feel discomfort after a meal. It' s the same every time. It even makes me angry and I punch my stomach sometimes. I' m thin and I have a very flat stomach sometimes when I wake up. I wish it would stay like that all day, but it bloats like crazy. What can I do? Is it just a phase or is it a problem with my enzymes?

I also have dust allergy and have always had issues with the respiratory system. My mother was under a lot of pressure during her pregnancy because my father wanted her to abort. Sometimes I wonder if that caused these deficiencies.

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you make an appointment with a gastroenterologist to have a colonoscopy and gastroscopy done.