Question
Posted by: Simd | 2011/02/23

excessive falling loss - female 31 yrs old

hi Doc,
my hair has been dropping for the past year, at first i thought it was the shampoo, i''ve changed it many times over the months but it hasnt changed. my hair is dropping even more now. if i just run my hands thru my hair, 5 to 6 strands fall off. my hair is all over my house, and on my clothes. i used to have very thick hair, but now, its so thin, even when i put a pony tail. its really worrying me. i''m an indian female, 31 years old, dont smoke, occassional drink(once in 2 or 3 mnths). i dont even colour my hair. i''m currently using johnsson family shampoo and conditioner.

i''m not even sure if there are any tests i could go for to determine the cause of it. if there are pls advise, i am really worried.

thank you

Hallo Simd
Yes there are a few things you could check like your iron levels and thyroid hormone levels. Hairloss can also happen due to stress, recent illness or hormonal changes like a pregnancy (ususally about 3 months after the event)Try putting Bergamot essence (Lennon) 1 bottle in a bottle of your shampoo to stimulate hairgrowth and take a good multivitamin.

2
Posted by: mo-mo | 2011/02/23

have ur iron tables

Reply to mo-mo
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/23

Hallo Simd