Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2012/07/26

Excessive bleeding

Hi Doc,

I am at a point where I don''t even want to go to a doctor anymore. I''m 29 years old, am overweight and have PCOS. Below is the last 3 months of my medical history:
7 May 2012 ?Menstruation Starts
24 May 2012 Cyklokapron, Ponstel
29 May 2012 Cyklokapron
1 June 2012 Referred to Gyneacologist
4 June 2012 Pap Smear, Uterine wand very thick. ?Polyps.
5 June 2012 D& C, polypectomy &  hysteroscopy, Myprodol
19 June 2012 Bleeding &  Cramps start to get worse. Clots size of palm.
24 June 2012 Cyklokapron
25 June 2012 Provera, Referred to Gyneacologist
27 June 2012 Uterine Wand very thick again, Cyst on right ovary, Left ovary not visible , Prescribe Ginette, Recommend Weightloss, Pap Smear
5 July 2012 Says it is normal to continue bleeding. Should phone back in 2 weeks.
6 July 2012 Premarin &  Ponstel
9 July 2012 Premarin only works for few hours &  bleeding returns.
19 June –  9 July Using between 6 –  10 Ultra thick pads / tampons per day.
11 July 2012 Petogen Injection, Bleeding much lighter –  stops at night, but starts again as soon as I start to move. Exercise worsens bleeding.
22 July 2012 Severe cramps, bled during night. Still light.
24 July 2012 Cramps less severe, bleeding more
26 July 2012 Woke up with excessive bleeding, cramp stills present.

I need advise as I feel that all the hormones are just messing up my body more and more. I have horrible mood swings, I''m depressed, I''m tired. I don''t feel like getting up in the morning anymore, as I never know when it will be in a puddle of blood again.

I''ve lost 5kgs in the last month. I''m trying to eat healthy, drink loads of water, cutting out sugar and carbs.

All I want for is this bleeding to stop. Please tell me if there is anything that I can do? During all of the above, papsmears came back clean, polyps were malignant. No one has sent me for any blood tests though.

If you have PCOS then you are probably not ovulating and this has resulted in the thickened womb lining and heaqvy bleeding. The Petogen should thin this down but it will take time (at least 3 months). The best long term treatment for PCOS is a Pill like Ginette, but this will also not work immediately. You have really only had about 6 weeks of the Ginette/ Petogen as I can make out. Unfortunately there is nothing else to do than be patient. Cyclokapron often decreases the amount of bleeding as it is a clotting agent, but it will not sort out the underlying problem. Hopefully in 3 months time you will be better.

1
Posted by: Frustrated | 2012/07/30

**** During all of the above, papsmears came back clean, polyps weren''t malignant. No one has sent me for any blood tests though.

Reply to Frustrated