Question
Posted by: DEBRA | 2010-08-24

excess saliva during pregnancy

What can i eat to reduce excess saliva during pregnancy.

Dear Debra
The production of excess saliva during pregnancy may be due to changes in your hormone levels and I would recommend that you also ask your gynae if she/he can advise how you can reduce the saliva production. You can try eating dry biscuits, crackers and rusks to absorb the saliva, and make a point of not drinking liquids with your meals.
Also avoid any foods that tend to simulate saliva production such as highly spiced foods and condiments.
Hopefully this condition will disappear after your confinement.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-08-24

Dear Debra