Question
Posted by: Johnny | 2008/07/31

Excess Of B12 Vitamins

I currently had a fool physical and my B12 came back at 1071 and the limits should be between 211-911. My question.
Could this be causing me to be nervous and shaky and axious?

Dear Johnny
All the B vitamins influence the nervous system in different ways, so it is certainly possible that your extremely high vit B12 levels are making you feel nervous, shaky and anxious. What did your dr advise that you should do about these excessive vit B12 levels? Although vit B12 is not supposed to have toxic effects, I wonder why your levels are so high. Do you take vitamin supplements or sports supplements that contain vit B12? If so, check how much you are ingesting and reduce your intake so that you only have 2 microgram a day.