Question
Posted by: sally | 2011-12-09

excess breast under the arm

Hi!Since I was 16 I had this thing grewing under my arm.Went to a doctor who called it an axilla breast. Has anyone ever had this operation successfully?I really want to have this removed?Is it dangerous?What do they do?How much does it cost?

Sally

You will have to consult a general surgeon and the cost will depend on the individual surgeon. Removal of an axilla breast is done surgically and is a well tolerated operation, with minimal invasion. Recovery should be about 3 weeks, depending on how large the breast tissue is that has to be removed.