Question
Posted by: A | 2009-11-24

Excercise bike and breakfast

HI,

I am also starting with an excercise bike, I am doing it in the morning, but I have read that one needs to eat before excercise in the morning, the only thing is I can' t eat as soon as I have woken up and when I do try to eat breakfast I end up nibbling all day!! This I feel is defeating hte object.
Any suggestions please?

Hi A

have you tried to exercise without eating breakfast? You may have heard that you have to eat, and there's some wisdom in that, but it's not a given, it's not 'compulsory' and so you may be able to exercise without it. In fact, unless you're exercising really hard and for really long, you will be able to train without eating, no problem.

So give it a try, and then eat after training. That's very important, because if you don't, by mid-morning, you'll be running on empty, and so you must eat something healthy soon after training.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009-11-25

Hi A

Reply to fitnessdoc