Question
Posted by: Tania | 2008/08/13

Examples of Probiotics

Can you please give me examples of which food contains Probiotics, which I' ve been told should take 3 times per day.

Many thanks,

Tania

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Tania
The most common source of probiotics n food is yoghurt. However they are not very stable and often by the time you eat the yoghurt most of the activity is lost.
The best options are plain Bulgarian yoghurt or the Wollworth’s range which has a very short use-by date.
It is much easier to take a supplement like Reuteri chew tablets. Here the dose is standardise and you only need to take 1 a day, you will be sure what you are getting!

2
Posted by: Thabs | 2008/08/22

Hi there. I have had candida ow for 5 years and it gives me very bad and sore acne. I only get a break when I eat half cooked and raw vegetables and brown rice. My Accupuncturist has now advised me to stop putting olive oil in my food but coconut oil. When I' m strict on my diet everything is fine and I even loose weight though I eat more than 6 times a day. As I tend to get hungry too fequently. But I cannot live like that. I would like to eat a bigger and better variation and also I do supplement with probiotics daily. I am 45 and had never had acne in my youth. This Reuteri you mentioned above, is it a new probiotic? I had never heard of it. Is it effective? I need to eat normal food, perhaps in moderate measures and not worry about flare ups. Please assist.........I' m desperately miserable.

Reply to Thabs
Posted by: Sentra | 2008/08/15

When I eat dairy products I often get diahrea.

Reply to Sentra