Question
Posted by: Not Einstein | 2008/09/11

Exam Anxieties

Okay, here is the deal:

I am really good in most of my school subjects...Im already learning a 3rd language at 14 but my exams are horrible!

I have this incredible anxiety when it comes to exams and especially math. I can usually do the math (very slow, mind you) but I suck in an exam.

Is hypnosis possible to improve learning ability? I heard that in a few studies and was wondering if I could go to a hypnotist for that. I mean like serious learning improvement.

Anyone TXpert could recommend in the JHB area, and how much would a hypnosis session like that cost.

NE

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

hypnosis can help some people, but if you have anxieties about your studying, it is also worth considering that having a good, structured study plan can also help reduce your anxieties. Hypnotism will not create abilities in you by magic, so it is worth considering how you can change your apprach to your studies first.

If you feel you then need something extra you could consider speaking with your school counsellor to take advice on who would be the best person to see to help you.

1
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/12

Hi there,

I have heard that hypnosis is possible although I dont know much about it.
You are obviously really bright but your nerves are getting to you. I would suggest taking something like rescue tablets. They are all natural and they do calm nerves and help you with sleep.

Best of Luck.

Reply to Kman