Question
Posted by: the ex-husband | 2011/07/07

Ex-wife does not want to sell the house

hi

I divorced my wife 2 years ago. She is still living in our house. The divorce order that we agreed on says that she can stay in the house until it is sold. The house is on the market now but she doesnt want to sell and move out. She has a lot of anger and resentment. How can I help her to deal with what happened and to move on?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

If the court order says she can stay in the house until it is sold it is normal to have the house put for sale and she cannot interfere with that. As far as her anger and resentment is concern it would be beneficial for her to see a counsellor to assist her in her healing.
You can inbox me on info@sadsa.net for a free copy of my eBook on surviving a divorce.