Posted by: Gavin | 2009-02-02

Ex-wife confussing toddler with lies

I Would like to know what symptoms could be the cause for me to look for profession opinion for my 3 year old son as a divorce family my ex-wife is having issues and seems to be passing these issues onto my son. When he stays at my house recently has been telling me mommy is lonely and wants to go home. after being potty trained for last 6 months his mom stiil puts nappies on him after having thrown his dummies away months ago I find out she still gives them to him to keep him quiet after she' d sworn he hasn' t had one for months I found out this week she still gives them to him. is there anyone I can contact or you can recommend I could contact to have my assessed as I' m very concerned to how she is handling the whole situation.

In think whenever ANY parent uses a child as a weapon against their ex, it is child abuse and should be treated as such. And if you have primary custody of the child, she should syncronize her rules ( about dummies, nappies, etc ) with you, rather than to confuse the child. Any child psychiatrist or chiold psychologist within reach should be able to see and assess your child and advise you.