Question
Posted by: K@K | 2009-07-08

Ex want to change kids surnam

No sure if Im at the right forum..
My ex-husband has decided to change his surname from that of his step ather(which me and the kids go by) to the one of his biological father. I feel it is an inconvenience and this might have a psychological impact on them as well.He has never explained why to them why they have to change their name. I have custody of the kids as per divorce order, can he force the kids to change the surname? What does the law say about this?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

I would suggest you ask this question to a lawyer.

2
Posted by: patty | 2009-07-29

why alwayz the divorce courts favours women when i comes
to cutstody of the children and mostly these bitter womens
uses children as weapon to drill your money because i have
never heard any of the bitter women said she received enough
maintanance money they want to leave u bankbroke/penniless
every month preaching that this money is for children because
u have some one in your life they are greed,jealous,bitter,

Reply to patty
Posted by: G-Dad | 2009-07-13

He can change his name a million times but he can not change the name given to the kids without both parents agreeing to it.

No he can not force the name change, I doubt that any court will make such an order.

Reply to G-Dad