Question
Posted by: jo | 2010-08-16

Ex under debt review

My ex has not paid me for this month. I need to go tomorrow to get the forms filled out for non payment. He told me that he recently is under debt review. Can this cause him to get a decrease in maintenance? It is his own fault that this has happened not my daughters. If this happens i dont know what im going to do. Can i prevent this from happening? Please help!!!!!!!!!

Expert ImageFamily law expert

The financial circumstances of a person will affect his ability to pay maintenance, but having said that, debt review and not even insolvency will free you from your obligation to pay maintenance as this is the right of every child. Thus being under debts review does not mean a person is not liable for maintenance, I suggest that you lodge an application at your local Maintenance court.

Bertus Preller
www.divorceattorney.co.za
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

2
Posted by: jo | 2010-08-16

Please ignore got the information i needed.

Reply to jo
Posted by: family law expert | 2010-08-16

Bertus Preller
www.divorceattorney.co.za
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert