Question
Posted by: abc | 2009-08-10

Ex Husband not obeying the settlement agreement

Hi, we got the divorced a year ago and the settlement agreement states that he stays in our house (bond and house are registered in both our names) until he can sell it and then he must pay me out half of the profit. It also clearly states that he' s responsible for the bond, levies, rates and maintenance until the day of registration. He' s not paying the bond now, what am I to do?? He simply says that he can' t afford it. I offered to take over the house for the amount outstanding and to pay the registration fees and new bond registration but he refuses. Please advise me on what to do I' m at wits end.
Thank you.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear abc,

you need legal advice. You can contact us at info@sadsa.net for a legal referral.

SADSA

2
Posted by: Clinton | 2009-09-17

Disregard last reply, have posted in the correct place

Reply to Clinton
Posted by: Clinton | 2009-09-17

Hi there, I have been divorced from my ex wife for a year, our settlement agreement says that we have joint rights and responsbilities regarding the our two daughter' s well being. In short, she originally moved out of the house and went to stay with her sister and then after a while moved into her own place, she is moving again about 15kms from where she stays now and wants to take the girls out of the preschool they have being in for the last year and a half and I don' t want this as this will uproot our girls even more. The school will only be +-7kms from their current school and she will not hear my side, saying that the traveling would be too much! I have said that I will get a mediator which she will not pay half for (as per the agreement) I can' t do it myself its too expensive. My question is there a non costly way of bringing this before a court as I rather spend money on my kids and not legal fees. Do I have a leg to stand on Please advise as best as possible.

Reply to Clinton