Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2008/09/19

Ex GF

Hi CS, I wanted to ask if i am being ridiculous about something or how i should deal with it. My bf used to date and live with a girl for a good couple of years and after we started dating they were still very close. I spoke to him about her and he has now stopped contact with her because I am not happy with it. The thing is, anytime something major happens with his family, like a funeral, then she has to know about it and she comes to show her support and be there for him. Is this normal, shouldnt she be out of his life because that is what I am there for? I know she was part of his life for many years but does this mean that she is going to be there through our entire relatinship too whenever something like this happens?

Well, presumably she knew his family well, and vice versa, so major family events such as a funeral might reasonably be something she'd be told about. And if they didn't part with great bitterness, its not unreasonable for her to offer support and condolences, like any other old friend. This does not mean there's any ongoing romance between them. How many more people are left to die in his family ? How many more excuses might she have to get involved in such events ?

2
Posted by: Jennifer | 2008/09/19

Well he has a few family members that are rather old and i just know she is going to show up again. The thing is if i mention it to him then he gets angry. Its just that i dont feel she has a place there any longer!!

Reply to Jennifer
Posted by: CM | 2008/09/19

My dear u' re not, i will also feel the same. Your BF ex is probable not over him and she is doing that to get closer to him. Next time there is something happening in his family make sure you attend bring your sister or friend to keep you company and make sure you dress yourself up and ask him to introduce you to her.

Reply to CM