Question
Posted by: nn | 2010/08/30

Ex driving me insane - literally

My ex and I broke up 4 months ago. Lately he has this habit of calling me. He called me the other night at 2am to say he had a dream about the 2 of us having $ex. Then he called me last week at 3am in the morning, saying that he misses me and I am the best thing that has happened to him in the past 2 years. His friends and family even say that I was good for him and that he messed up a good thing. He said he is going ballistic without me and that he misses me and even checks up on me on FB all the time. Everytime I change my status or profile pic, he has a comment. He got divorced before he met me. He was with his ex wife for 19 years. So the divorce has really messed him up and he is still battling to come to terms with. So during the week when he is either alone, horny or drunk, he will call me and tell me how much he misses me and so on. But then on weekends when he goes jolling and meets other women then I do not hear from him. I am trying my best to get over him but when he contacts me, all these feelings and good memories come back. I know he is not good for me and I deserve someone who will treat me well. And he even knows that he is not good for me. I just cannot get over him. I cry all the time, I am on anti depressants, I do not even want to get up for work. I have met someone else and he is great but I cannot even get myself to be lovable or affectionate towards him because I am just so closed up and so full of hurt and anger from my ex. I feel so messed up in my head and I really do not know what to do.

Block him from Facebook, and tell his family that he must move on and stop contacting you or you may have to consider going to court for a restraining order to stop him harrassing you.
If h has personal problem and issues he should see a counsellor and deal with them constructively.
And see a counsellor for yourself - antidepressants can be useful min treating the mesed-up chemistry of a real depression, but are not helpful in dealing with unhappiness or its causes.

3
Posted by: Lovey | 2010/08/30

Why do u pick up his phone? Perharps you are enjoying the attention..breaking up with someone is never easy especially if u still love them and the best way to move on is to cut all contact, in ur case do not take his calls..

Reply to Lovey
Posted by: Lin | 2010/08/30

It''s easy: the next time he calls - DO NOT PICK UP!

Block him from Facebook. He''s using you - as you say, you''re not good enough on weekends, but when he''s lonely he calls you.

Reply to Lin