Question
Posted by: A | 2010/11/15

Ex-Boyfriend haunting me..

Hi Cyber Shrink

I''ve been together with my Husband for almost 4 years and have been happily married for almost 7 months now.

About 7 months before I met my husband, I left a guy I dated for 4 years, on and off. Long story short, I eventually left this guy after a horror relationship where he abused me verbally and physically, impregnated another woman, lied and cheated on me numerous times, you name it - all the bad things that could happen in a relationship. After I left him, he phoned and sms''s me atleast once a week (for 30 months I might add!). I never replied to his sms''s and when he phoned, I wouldn''t answer - it was so bad, that I refused to answer all " no number"  calls. I eventually changed my number. The other day he even tried to contact me on facebook, of-course I ignored. I don''t want anything to do with this guy.

Now since I''ve left him, I''ve been having nightmares about him, either things like him chasing me in a shopping centre, wanting to hurt me, or my husband turning into him and leaving me. It''s almost as if he still has a hold on me.

I don''t want to continue having these dreams. I just want to go on with my life and my fantastic husband (who adores me and treats me like a princess, And who would NEVER hurt me).

I was so lucky to find such a good man as my husband, but now I''m still living under this ex''s shadow.

Should I go see a shrink? How can I make it stop?

YOu've been stalked by an unbalanced ex, and have become maybe excessively worried about this - do see a proper shrink to discuss this and work through these fears, to get them into proportion and to take whatever sensible precautions may be indicated.

3
Posted by: Me | 2010/11/15

I agree with Lisa. You need to see a specialist pshyciatrist who way then refer yo to a pshycologist for abuse counselling. Please go soon, because this is something you need to deal with, otherwise you will live with the consequences for the rest of your life, and it will continue to impact on various parts of your life.

Good luck.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Liza | 2010/11/15

Sounds like you could be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. Go see a specialist psychiatrist for assessment and treatment.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza