Question
Posted by: Megan | 2009/12/14

EX BOYFRIEND

A few months ago I hooked up with my ex-boyfriend - it did not last very long and we were back to our ways - fighting and being mean to each other. We sent each other very nasty sms and the day after I apologised to him and asked for his forgiveness, but he just ignored me. He did not bother to apologise to me even though he said some really nasty things to me. A friend of his passed away recently and I attended the funeral as I also knew this person well. He simply ignored me at the funeral and only acknowledged me when he walked past me and I called out to him. I have tried to speak to him (via sms) but he just ignores me! I still have feelings for the man but I am not prepared to put up with his crappy attitude. I feel as though I am wasting my time with him - I know I should just ignore him, but I also know that he will eventually come crawling back as he has done so many times before!! How do I treat him - must I rather just ignore him and leave him alone or leave him to get over whatever is bothering him?

If I understand you, this could be the second time you two have broken up in conflict ? Isn't there a message in that ? Stop pursuing him and trying so hard. Why are you apparently assuming that this is your only possible relationship ?

2

Posted by: Friend | 2009/12/14

This is all very interesting, the reason why you want to connect with him is the same reason the whole hard to get thing works.. By him not connecting with you its just making you feel as though someone doesn' t care and you keep trying to bridge that gap. I' d say stop bridging the gap and try and move on... work on yourself, and decide if you truly want him, when and if he comes back... then you will be in a better place to either walk away from the relationship, or make a proper go!!! you also need some perspecive and ask the quesion why did you two fight so much. does it boil down to comunication...or some other fundermental issues... as i said very interesting.

Reply to Friend