Posted by: zara | 2009-04-07

i have suffered with anorexia for 3 years of my life.
i have made recovery, got married, had a little boy.
my problem is that no matter how much i try i cant lose weight!
i just cant!!! please advise me as this is getting me very down-i feel ive failed miserably!

Dear Zara
I am just so glad that you have managed to escape from the horror of anorexia and that your life is nicely back on track again. Congratulations on the birth of your baby, you must be so proud of him. Because of your past history, I would like to encourage you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). I think it is essential that the dietitian assesses your present weight and then guides you through the weightloss process so that you do NOT regress to anorexia again.
Please see a dietitian