Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2010-02-17

ex

i have a 10yr old steo daughter. she has not been a part of her dad' s life for 7yrs... lots of reasons due to her crazy mom. now my husband " established"  a relationship with the kid in Dec. i guess, let' s just say, he opened a can of worms. he now pays X amount of money per months which he wasn' t doing for the past 7 rys as well. thanks to crazy mom.... the mom has a baby and a boyfriend now. the child pays R375p/m at school and the mom claims the child has been kicked out of school.... what did she do with the R1000 she gets ??? he he he.... she phones my hubby every 2nd day for God knows what... i think she is not over my husband... why else would she do this.... and she only phones during working hours when her bf is at work. i have a good feeling he knows nothing about her calls to my man. stupid things like " i have disturbing news about the child"  then she won' t say what the issue is... is she normal? how must we handle this situation? she sends texts messages with the child' s phone " dad pls fetch me now" ............

Maintenance payments should have nothing to do with access to the child - both need to be decided acording to what is best for the child, not the preferences of a crazy mother - or father !
Maintenance payments you should discuss with the local maintenance court, and have it decided fairly by the court, and not according to the whims of the mother who doesn't sound terribly caring.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2010-02-17

He should be paying in anycase and backpay for the 7yrs he missed out on. Seriously.
Also I do not see why you hubby cannot just ignore her, set up times and days for visits etc
Get things sorted and make sure everyone involved knows the rules and are involved in what is decided is best for the child.

Reply to Kate