Question
Posted by: T girl | 2010/01/12

Evra patch

Hi, I started using the Evra patch beginning of December and during my patch free days I did not get my periods. Did the pregnancy test in the last 2 weeks and it was negative but when I did it last week it was positive. Could i be pregnant? Went to see the gynae on Sat and he did an ultra sound and he did not see anything and he said it might be the early days of pregnancy and i must come back in 2 weeks.

My worry is that I cannot afford to fall pregnant now due to the financial commitments we put ourselves in with my fiance. Bought property together and 2 cars. I just need an honest advice on what to do should I really be pregnant.

I agree with your doctor that it might be an early pregnancy. A blood test in a week or two would tell for sure. You would then have to decide whether you wish to terminate the pregnancy or not.

1