Posted by: Buhle | 2009-01-14

Evra PAtch

Hi doc.

I have been using the Evra Patch for the past 19months and it rarely ever comes off (if it does its usually on day 6/7) so now I started on week 1 on Sunday on Tuesday after a bath I noticed my patch came off in the water –  that is on day 3, I just put on a new patch, but how should I count it now –  do I just use the 2 patches I have then go patch free then start on a new pack?

Also on the Evra Patch, I used to have an excellent sexual apetite before the patch but now once or twice (if my bf really nags) a month is ok! Should I blame the patch for my loss of sexual appetite? I also used to lose weight easily when I was on yasmin but now 500g every second week is all I can manage. I am only 25years. Please assist.

Keep the new patch on till you would normally change. Repeat this till it is time for your patch free week.
It is unlikely that the patch is causing the weight gain. All hormonal contraception may interfere with libido.