Question
Posted by: tinkerbell | 2010/09/14

EVIDENCE

Pls can you tell me if having evidence of an extra marital affair against your husband is of any benefit in the divorce proceedings? What is the benefit of havin evidence of an affair is there ANY way in which it is goin to help or benefit you? and when and how etc....I see woman keepin loads of evidence and i dont undstand why? other than for their own mental wellbeing to convince themselves WHY they need to leave. Also if i have evidence that his parenting skills are not to scratch and its affecting the kids how and where can i use that against him? for eg can i use that to fight how much time he gets to spend with them or will the court decide that and not take my evidence into consideration?

thanks so much for your help

Expert ImageFamily law expert

There is a benefit. You will be able to claim against the 3rd party for adultery and in respect of alenienation. Secondly it might also be a way to get your spouse to accept a settlement that might be in your favour. Remember that a court will only make a decision that is in the best interest of the children when it comes to parental rights in respect of the children.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
www.divorceattorney.co.za
info@divorceattorney.co.za

2
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/09/19

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
www.divorceattorney.co.za
info@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert
Posted by: Dee | 2010/09/17

Keep Evidence of everything it will help your lawyer in court.
You can sue the other woman for money should you have enough hard evidence that they are having an affair while you are married. IT has to be proper evidence not heresay.

Reply to Dee