Posted by: Micha | 2009-12-01

Everyone should read this.

To the vet.
I can' t believe that you are sooo rude to the people asking you a question. And it' s not just post 1558, i' ve seen alot of answers that you are just plain rude. How can you tell someone to get a life? You must get a life. And if you are not rude, you anwer the questions as short as you can. Why the hell are you in this forum if you dont have any patience??? I know you are doing it for free but let them get someone else who is willing to do this the right way. I am sooo glad that i dont have you for a vet, that is If you have a " practice" !!! Go have a look at the dietdoc, she is a good example for you and how it must be done. You are really not any better that any of the people asking you questions. I know for certain that i wont be asking you for any advice. Shame on you.

Dear Micha

I am not fat and therefore never had to go on the dietdoc page. Does she tell the people in a nice way that they are fat?

Posted by: Admin | 2009-12-07

Thank you for writing to Health24 about this. This issue has been raised several times before and has been explained repeatedly. Should you still be unhappy about something, please email us direct at the Contact Us email address.

Reply to Admin
Posted by: Susan | 2009-12-03

I totally agree with Micha, he knew what he was getting himself into and now he gets irritated with people! That lady definitely did not deserve that answer! Hey Doc, why don' t you go and get a life !

Reply to Susan
Posted by: steph | 2009-12-02

Micha, the query wrt leaving the dog at home was not really necessary on this forum. This is the type of thing that you discuss with a behavioural specialist or more specifically the kennels. If you need reassurance you go to your friends. That initial query did seem a bit neurotic to say the least. The owner was merely trying to appease their sense of guilt or anxiety, i daresay this is not cybervet' s territory.

Reply to steph
Posted by: Annemarie | 2009-12-02

I am Cybervets big fan. He rocks. He has enormous patience. If I had to answer some of the questions he gets, I would have to be on valium. I think people mistake him for the cybershrink. You rock, Awie!

Reply to Annemarie
Posted by: Micha | 2009-12-02

Dear Vet, It isnt all about fat people, there' s questions about people with diabetes, problems with toddlers, Anorexia, blood types, veins ect. ect. Yes there is alot of people asking about weightloss but you really dont get the big picture and what i really meant so i will leave it there.
To Steph and Chill, I agree 100% with the fact that people cant get a accurate diagnosis but i' m talking about the people asking plain and simple questions that can be answered without an attitude. It is sooo expensive to take a pet to a vet and that is why he is on this forum, so he isnt doing he' s job. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just wanted to say how i feel.

Reply to Micha
Posted by: Chill | 2009-12-01

I must say that ' get a life'  seems not unsound advice to someone too neurotic to leave their dog behind, with a known carer, for a measly weekend.

I totally agree with Steph too.

Micha, if you hate this forum so much, and don' t plan ever to request advice, may I respectfully suggest that you could save yourself a load of stress by just staying away?

In a nutshell: chill!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: steph | 2009-12-01

this issue has been raised before. and i am less than inclined to re hash my opinion. but in a nutshell, most people use this forum as a substitute to actually going to the vet. it is ludicrous. moreover, the symptoms that patients report are so vague and disjointed that it is unreasonable to expect ANY healthcare practitioner to reach a conclusive diagnosis. I daresay that assisting weight loss is vastly different from an actual pathology.

should you care to go back and review this site properly you will note that behavioural queries or more generalised issues where the pet owner can actually go and get meds over the counter are answered and give adequate advice. I think we can agree that getting a diagnosis online does sweet nothing if the treatment prescribed needs to be dispensed by a vet, in the end all you' ll need to do is go to a vet. How hard is this to understand?

Reply to steph
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009-12-01

Dear Micha

Reply to Cybervet