Question
Posted by: KAT | 2009/10/12

evening primrose oil

hi doc..
I hv been TTC for 20months now i hv a 27 day cycle i ovulate normaly and hv recently done an HSG scan, but with no luck am not concieving.

i hv been tracking my cycles closely and i hv found that i hv never hd the fertile cervical mucus(stretchy egg white) and some friends of mine advised me about Evening primrose oil, they said i should take it after my period and stop on ovulation cause it may prevent implantation, and one my friend said they used One ingredient found in certain cough syrups —  (guaifenesin) ie. Benylin..

my question is, how true is this and if i do try it will it hv any impact on my health????

If there really is a problem, I don't think that these measures will help. Your partner should have his sperm count checked and perhaps you should see a fertility specialist.

1