Posted by: Liza | 2009-06-19

I' m VERY happy at this moment. Have been for a while. Doing really well at work. Our team leader is giving me more challenging work all the time and I just rise to the challenge every single time. Did a very intricate piece of computer program logic yesterday and it just worked first time. No need to tweak as I usually do. Had 5 days to do the job. I' ve finished in half the time. The happiness has caused problems in the past month. My doc increased my mood stabilizer 2 weeks ago in response. So now the irritability is gone at least. Was able to talk to a call centre consultant at Discovery Health without losing it this morning. Their inability to answer my queries in a positive way previously has lead to my boss suggesting that we install a telephone in a soundproof room for calls like that  ) Before the call I almost told my colleagues to be ready to duck LOL.

I keep using so many superlatives in my mind. Like my brother is my hero! He sent his CT business partner to fix my home pc. I' m just SO happy my pc at home is working. I' ve been able to watch extras (like bloopers and deleted scenes) of my favourite movies when I get home. In the comfort of my own room without having to battle the other girls about what to watch in the tv room. The cat in residence visits me every day. I love cats and technically we' re not allowed to have pets, but this cat just moved in and refuses to leave no matter how many times he gets kicked out of the house. The nuns who run the residence have tried everything to get rid of him because some of the girls are scared of him. I found one of the korean girls actually trying to touch him yesterday. Very carefully with a fascinated look on her face. I showed her how to scratch him behind the ears. She was utterly delighted when he started purring. It' s mostly the korean girls who are scared of him and it seems like they' re getting used to him too. This makes me very happy because I don' t want him to leave.

It' s like absolutely nothing can get me down. Even the weather is making me happy. Should I worry?

Sounds like you're doing well --- and to talk with a Medial Aid call line without losing it, is indeed a major achievement ! But if even this lousy weather is makin you happy, maybe you're bubbling along just on the productive side of a manic high ? Cats are so marvellously stubborn, aren't they ? Always feel puzzled at those who are frightened of them. Only yesterday, I went to the door for a courier, with my young lady in my arms and he jumped back a foot, saying he is REALLY scared of them. I promised him I'd put the lioness in a different room next time he calls. Anyhow, they know that sleeping on a human is the best sort of central heating in this weather