Question
Posted by: Jay | 2010/04/17

Etifoxine(Stresam) Vs Cipralex

Any help on the effectiveness of Etifoxine Compared to Cipralex for General Anxiety Disorder.
Seams like everyone gets Cipralex havent heard much about Etifoxine.

J

Cipralex has been round a bit longer, and VERY heavily advertised and promoted locally ; Etifoxine is newer and I have heard less about it. I have never seen any comparative tests of the one versus the other for anxiety - and I don't expect to for some time yet - it costs a lot to do such studies, and neither manufacture is likely to risk a study that finds them LESS effective !

3
Posted by: Frik | 2014/05/20

Cannot see why we should even consider Cybershrink's opinion. Etofoxine was developed in the 1960's by Hoechst and esitalopram or rather the original citalopram in 1989 by Lundbeck. Maybe Cybershrink needs to see a shrink?

Reply to Frik
Posted by: Jay | 2010/04/17

It seams my Psychiatrist was quick to jump on the Cipralex.
I noted to myself all her stationary was that of Lundbeck- the cipralex company.They do seem very popular.- Made me smile cause I kinda knew she would give me something like that. It seams SSRis are commonly used for GAD. Would love to try something else as effective without these terrible side effects.

Reply to Jay