Question
Posted by: CYNTHIA | 2009/03/13

ETHNIC PROBLEM

I AM JEALOUS OF GIRLS MY AGE HAVING LONG HAIR THAN MINE. MY HAIR ONLY GROWS A CERTAIN LENGTH ABOVE MY SHOULDERS AND NOT LONGER THAN IT BREAKS. HOW CAN I DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM COS I BELIEVE THEY ARE PRETTIER THAN ME WITH MY SHORT HAIR.THEY ALWAYS GET THE BEST. WE GET PUNISHED BECAUSE WE ONLY GET THE SCRAPS.

I"m not a hair expert. Fortunately, you are not other girls, so try to be the best Cynthia you can be, not an imitation of anyone else. Some people like short hair more than long, and many women get their lopng hair cut. Stop pining for what you can't conveniently have, and celebrate what you do have. I agree very much with Maria, that the problem is more to do with low self-esteem, and YOUR difficulty in appreciating yourself, than having anything to do with actual unatractiveness

5
Posted by: CM | 2009/03/13

Cynthia,

I have " white"  hair and are sometimes envious of black ladies being able to have lonh hair the one day and the next day short hair, braids the next and then Rihanna style. Girl - there is so much you can do!

Reply to CM
Posted by: T | 2009/03/13

Grow dreadlocks like me.

Reply to T
Posted by: mpana | 2009/03/13

get over yourself - o batla mpana feela wena - you don' t have straight hair - deal with it and love yourself - that' s it!

Reply to mpana
Posted by: Maria | 2009/03/13

Hi Cynthia. It sounds to me as if you have low self esteem in general, and you' re focussing on your hair because that is so visible. Personality, personal energy, a positive outlook are more attractive than purely physical characteristics. Do you work or study? Try doing something different and enriching with your life like volunteering or part time studies. You will find that you become more beautiful to yourself if you feel you are doing something worthwhile with your life. Take care.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: God decides | 2009/03/13

Just accept who and what you are. You will NEVER be able to be like someone you describe because you have been selected for whatever reason to be in the skin that you are with the hair type you have. However, I can imagine the turmoil in your mind, trying so hard to be different and then realising just who you are and that it will never happen.

Reply to God decides