Question
Posted by: sue | 2010/02/23

estrogen replacement

After having blood tests done, my GP said that I''m defiantely not menopausal, but have very low levels of estrogen. She gave me a script for Livifem. The trouble is, this costs R305 for a months supply, and although medical aid pays, i cannot afford to use up my years medical savings on this. Is there an alternative medicine or natural medication I can take, that wont break the bank?

many thanks

Hallo Sue
There is not something similar to Livifem that you can use - it is quite unique. Find out from your medical aid if you can use this as a chronic medication, which will not drain your medical savings.
You can boost your esterogen levels with phyto esterogens in soya products, black cohosh etc. Here is a list of foods with high phytoesterogen content to look at ( scroll down slightly):
http://www.dietaryfiberfood.com/phytoestrogen-hormones/phytoestrogen-food-sources.php

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/23

Hallo Sue

Reply to cyberdoc