Question
Posted by: charmaine | 2011/09/13

Estrofem treatment at 44

I had a hysterectomy when i was 36. in 2010 during my annual visit to the gynae he said my right ovary seems to be inactive and tested my hormones.

he phoned back and said i need to go on Estrofem once a day. My GP does not agree and said recently that i need a second opinion as it''s quite harsh. he thinks i am too young and didnt show any other major systems of being in menopause.

I am not sure how to proceed? shall i continue taking this?

thank you

If your hormones show that you are menopausal, then it would be a good idea to take Estrofem to prevent the menopausal side effects at such a young age. It really depends on what the results showed.

1