Question
Posted by: cindy | 2008/10/10

estimation of baby' s size

good morning

my first child( a girl) weighed 4.58kg at birth, she was delivered via c section , as she has not dropped at 40weeks and size . i am now 29weeks pregnant with my son. his weight at this scan was +/-1.6kg, can you please tell me if it is possible to estimate what he will weigh if he reaches full term. my gynea could tell me with my first child and i think he does not want to dissapoint me, as i would like to try natural birth is all goes well.

The most accurate estimation is nearer to term. You can ask your doctor to plot the measurments at this stage on charts whihc would give you an idea as to whether the baby is above avergae size or not, the final decision will still have to wait till later though.