Question
Posted by: Anon | 2012-09-04

Espiride/Eglanyol

I finally found an anti-anxiety pill that worked for me, but I put on 10kg without trying and so I have stopped it. I cannot afford to increase my weight anymore, anxiety or not. I am sure it doesn''t have to be this or that. We have tried several meds with no luck over the past 4 years (cilift, cipralex, venlor, fluanxol, lyrica, and a few others that I cannot recall names of). I will see my phyciatrist in a few weeks time. Is there any other med that may have the same ingredients that Esperide has that will work on me, but without the weight issues and lactation issues I was dealing with ?? Please offer any advise you can. I cannot get any heavier but I cannot cope from day to day anymore with this daily anxiety. Thank you Doctor.

The drugs you mention are antidepressants, not anti-anxiety pills, though they can indeed be useful in helping to relieve anxiety. I would strongly recommend that you seek instead, CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) a form of business-like and effective counselling, which can help you to learn to avoid and deal with anxiety far better, and more effectively.
Eglonyl is a VERy old drug, not a specific psychiatric med, and usually very sedative and causing weight-gain and lactation, indeed one of its few respectable uses is to induce lactation when needed.
If more medication is needed on top of the CBT, which I'd see as a prime method to try, maybe Agomelatine, a new antidepressant which doesnt notably cause weight-gain or sexual side-effects, could be tried

2
Posted by: Angie | 2012-09-14

can espiride cause bad acne

Reply to Angie