Question
Posted by: Lauls | 2010/06/25

Espiride vs Wellbutrin

Hi. I have been on antidepressents twice now and stopped early, which was before they had a chance to work. I have been put on them again by my gp and am seeing a psychologist. what worrties me, is a psychiatrist will understand the effects of the drugs more and I have not seen one. Previously the best for me was Wellbutrin, even though I did sometimes feel " wired"  but I could focus. I am on Espiride for 2 weeks now, and it is working but the problem is I am struggling to focus at work, it does not make me tired, but I struggle to concentrate - it seems to make me dumber. Is it better that I go on wellbutrin and what are the differences between these 2 drugs?

You're right to recognize that stopping too early can be a problem. Wellbutrin is an antidepressant that suits many people, but there are many alternative antidepressants to choose from.
Espiride, in my opinion, is not an antidepressant at all, though SA GP's have a touching faith in it in depression. Also known as Eglonyl, it was introduced for managing schizophrenia.
Best of all, you should see and get a prper assessment from a psychiatrist, and discuss treatment options with a real antidepressant.

2
Posted by: Anxiety | 2010/06/25

What exactly is your problem that you are seeking help for? Depression? I have Panic Disorder, severe anxiety, but i am not depressed and the only thing that has saved me is " Cilift"  (which is also an anti depressant). Doctors in the past put me on all kinds of antidepressants which never worked for me, and Cilift is the one i will truly swear by now.

Reply to Anxiety