Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-03-03

Espiride side effect?

I' ve been using Espiride tablets for the past two weeks and also have headaches every day. Could this be a side effect of the tablets or should I look for the cause elsewhere?

Dear Anon
Espiride can cause high blood pressure, please have your blood pressure tested

2
Posted by: Ligia Marques | 2013-11-11

I was put on Espiride a month ago due to a very serious spastic colon (chronic)I have everything in my powder to keep it under control - I eat right, exercise well - but the problem remains. My doctor put me on the drug, due to the fact that the resuts for this problem are very positive. I am feeling much better. good out look when I wake up, much more energy, and I have more confidence because the bloating is much less. After reading everyone 's terrible stories should I carry on or stop? I am really worried niw.

Reply to Ligia Marques
Posted by: Marina | 2009-07-07

I have been on Espiride since my baby was born almost 2 years ago to support with breastmilk, I tried to stop using the Espiride last week, but suddenly developed high blood pressure, 140/110, and had the worst anxiety attacks ever. I eventually started taking the Espiride again after 6 days without it, and my blood pressure lowered again, but only to 120/80 in the mornings and 120/90 in the evenings. Is this normal? What can I do to prevent this from happening? I only take 1 50mg Espiride per day.

Reply to Marina