Question

Espiride / hair loss / hormones

I have been on Espiride (also known as sulpiride) for about a year now and I have a few questions about it:

1) Does Espiride affect your hormones at all? And if so, how? As I' ve heard, it is given to mothers to stimulate milk production, so what kind of hormones do this drug produce?

2) Has Espiride been known to cause hair loss? (Trying to determine the cause of my hair loss)

3) In conjunction with birth control such as Triodene ED, it can cause enlarged breasts (as in my case) - does the enlargement of the breasts mean that my body is now producing more estrogen or what exactly is happening with regards to this combination of drugs?

Dear Anonymous
Sulpiride increases prolactin hormone levels in the body that can induce milk production and this can also be the reason for the enlarged breasts. Increased prolactin levels can increase hairloss.

1
Posted by: Karin | 2009-07-20

Will it help with weight gain

Reply to Karin