Question
Posted by: Daddy | 2011-03-30

Espiride and Lexamil

Hi Doc. My wife and I just had a baby. Everyone is fine, but the wife''s doctor prescribed Espiride for milk production. I researched the drug a bit and found it''s actually an antidepressant, which is fine, but my wife is already on Lexamil for anxiety. I''m concerned that the doctor forgot about the Lexamil. Do you think the two drugs taken together could have some unforseen consequences?

Dear Daddy
I think you should ask your doctor if she could not rather take the Espiride instead of the Lexamil. You don't want your baby to get exposed to too many drugs, or high drug dosages via the breastmilk and the Espiride will also help for anxiety.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-31

Dear Daddy