Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-25

Espiride &  milk supply

I am breastfeeding my 9 day old daughter and have so much milk that I only feed her from the one breast, express the other
I have baby blues as well and the dr has suggested I use the Espiride for this but I'  m scared if I take it, I will produce even more milk
The dr said I should take 1 capsule, 3 times a day so maybe if I only take one or two a day it won'  t increase my milk too much but still help with the blues?

What do you suggest?

Hi Anon
I think the reason why your doctor suggested Espiride is because it is safe during breastfeeding. You could put cold compresses on the breasts to reduce the milk flow, but eventually your baby will drink more anyway as she grows and you may find this a blessing! It may also help to wear a well fitting supporting bra to avoid unnecessary movement of the breasts. Try 1 twice a day and see if this increases your milk, if it is a problem you need to discuss other options with your doctor.