Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-23

Espiride &  milk supply

I am breastfeeding my daughter and have so much milk that I only feed her from the one breast, express the other
I have baby blues as well and the dr has suggested I use the Espiride for this but I' m scared if I take it, I will produce even more milk
What do you suggest?

Espiride is not a very good medication for baby blues and will affect your milk. Rather use an SSRI.

Posted by: Mini mouse | 2009-02-24

They said I must drink 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I only drank 1 in the morning and it still helped for the blues.

Reply to Mini mouse
Posted by: Anon again | 2009-02-24

Forgot to mention: he said I should take 1 capsule, 3 times a day so maybe if I only take one a day it won' t increase my milk too much but still help with the blues?

Reply to Anon again
Posted by: Mini mouse | 2009-02-24

Hi Anon

I was also on Espiride for post natal depression and it worked like a bomb. Dont know if it will effect your milk. I know Microval took away my milk COMPLETELY.

Good luck.

Reply to Mini mouse