Question
Posted by: Des | 2011-05-17

Espiride

Recently started espiride for anxiety. It is the ONLY thing that has EVER worked for me - I feel really good. BUT this month my period went on for 11 days before stopping. Other than the esperide and stress of my daugthers minor illness as well as some holiday travel during april (our first in 10 years!) there has been no changes that would cause a long period. I am not on contraception. Last gynae check up in Jan and Nov last year and all is well. I''m confused as I have read that esperide can take periods away not prolong them. I have since stopped the esperide as I fear long periods (not sure I should have done this as it was working for me). I am also suddenly suffering these waves of extreme sadness (thats the only way I can explain it). I am not sad, but all of a sudden I get this moment where this sadness runs through my body. I remember getting it when I breastfed years ago. Funny, but I also get it after sexual intercourse and organsm...any advise on this and the period issue ?

Des

Your prolonged menstruation is not a side-effect of Espiride and I therefore, suggest that you consult your gynaecologist for an examination and full hormonal profile.

It might also be helpful to consult a psychiatrist.