Question
Posted by: Mezo | 2010/09/29

espiride

Does Espiride cause weight gain?

Espiride / Sulpiride is a very old medicine used to treat schizophrenia, but peculiarly popular among some SA doctors, especially GPs, for depression and anxiety too, which is not internationally acepted - the drug has been discontinued in the U.K. It is mistakenly seen as having few side-effects, when in fact it can show a wide range of side-effects, some of them unpleasant. Weight gain is indeed among its possible side-effects.
You don't mention why you are taking this medication, but for all of its uses there are better and more modern alternatives. If you are being treated by a GP for any significant psych problem, it would be best to arange to be seen and assessed by a specialist psychiatrist, to re-assess your condition and discuss treatment options

2
Posted by: Me | 2010/09/30

Hi there, I was on this medication to help with my milk production but I was permantly hungry I picked up over 14 kgs, my appitite went back to normal once it was out of my system.

Reply to Me