Question
Posted by: Honey | 2009/12/08

Esophagus Spasm?

Dear Doctor

Three days ago I had a what felt like food stuck in my esophgus (low down, almost where my ribs join), it has since developed into a full blown tension on my back and ribs and when I swallow food or liquid it is EXTREMELY painful. No matter how small the bite is or if it' s liquid it feels like I swallowed a very large piece of food with pain so severe it feels like a heart attack. I have been to the chemist who gave me motilium and told me to drink lots of water but it' s not helping. I also have an annoying cough from the tight feeling in my chest, but which in turn seem to worsen the problem. I don' t have any heart burn, except when I try to eat something which is such torture I try to avoid eating at all. Is this a spasm of the esophagus and how can I remedy it?

Hallo Honey
Please ask your doctor to refer you to a gastro enterologist for a gastroscopy - you may have a small tear in the esophagus or a spasm or even an ulcer. It is better to have a proper look and treat it the right way.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/08

Hallo Honey

Reply to cyberdoc