Question
Posted by: Coward | 2009-03-04

Escape

Sometimes I feel life is not worth the struggle. I' m tired. I' m restless. I want to stop the anti-depressant I’ m taking and just let nature runs its course. If I die it is ok. If I don’ t die it also is ok. No, that is not the truth. I want to die. Apart from work (serious performance problems) I don’ t have other problems. Don’ t see living like a hermit as a problem. That is just me. Each night I take a couple of tranquilizers and a sleeping tablet as soon as I get home. I hide in my house to escape from the world. When I take the tranquilizers it is difficult to stop myself from taking it all. I keep on taking more and more. Pushing the limits. I have to remind myself to ration it for the times when I’ m paralyzed by anxiety .

It doesn't have to be a struggle. You are experiencing a nasty Depression, which can and will respond to proper treatment. If you haven't yet found the right combination of treatments that suit you and your Depression, keep trying. See your psychiatrist ( and if you're being unsuccessfully treated by a GP so far, then get refered to a good local psychiatrist ) Depression leads to a selectively gloomy view of life, and in various ways to performance problems at work and in one's private life. Tranquillizers and sleeping pills don't help Depression, and could worsen it. And if you are taking more and more, that will be increasingly dangerous and decreasingly useful. If you have paralyzing anxiety at times, and such gloomy depression, you need proper treatment for it, and only from a specialist psychiatrist --- you deserve the best. See the shrink for a detailed assesment and a discussion of treatment options, which should probably include CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a very effective form of talkign therapy, and medication with antidepressants, which apart from lifting the depression will probably be more effective in lifing that anxiety than are mere tranquillizrs.

1
Posted by: donedirtcheap | 2009-03-04

try CBT or religion both should help

Reply to donedirtcheap