Question
Posted by: Mirriam | 2012-04-13

? erythema nodusm

Hello Dr,
I''m 25yrs old. About 10yrs ago my ankles started to swell respectively. I then started to have these reddish nodules/patches on my lower limbs that are red, warm to touch and very painful but not itching. They leave black scarring that disappears with time.

I was seen by different Dr''s who never really made a diagnosis. The routine blood tests indicated nothing significant until the wanted to do a biopsy which was not done cause they''ve all disappeared.
One dr said ?erythema nodusm and the other one said its arthritis.
They normally come out throughout the year but mainly during winter time. Now its cold and I''m having many out and they very painful. Frustrating.....

Mirriam

It is very possible that you have erythema nodosum. You will have to consult a dermatologist for an examination and blood tests, to determine the cause for the condition. Treatment will be prescribed according to the findings.

Refer to the following article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythema_nodosum