Posted by: nobbly | 2009-02-10

Hi Doc.

I am 35 years old and have not been on the pill for many years but have only recently started trying to fall pregnant.

The problem is some time last year my period started getting erratic, sometimes missing and now (twice) it is gone in the morning and ' back'  in the afternoons. It is the lightest period I have ever had, there are a few clots. Also my symptoms are erratic, I am more moody than normal but my breasts which are usually sore are ok. I have been to a Gynae he said all was ok with me and the missing period was part of life. My questions 
1. Do you agree with the Gynae, he did no blood tests just a physical check?
2. Do you think I may have been / am pregnant? I did alot of pregnancy tests last month and those were negative.
3. Could stress levels be a factor?
4. General question, what is the best way to dispose of used tampons at home?

Thank you!

1. The occasional missed period is normal. If this happens frequently, it needs investigation.
2. It does not sound like you were pregnant.
3. Stress can interfere with the cycle.
4. You could flush them down the toilet.