Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2009-07-21

erosion of cervix

I can' t find any details on this. does it go by another name?

My GP recently diagnosed me with this. My pap smear is clear so She prescribed antibiotics just incase I had an infection. I am worried by spotting/bleeding from midcycle and general pelvic discomfort which she seems to think wasn' t typical. Is this normal? What are the symptoms pls and should I see a Gynae?

A cervical erosion is also known as erythroplasia. Most of the time it is due to the tissue on the insude of the cervix coming onto the external surface. This is often hormonal and is not a serious problem. It can cause spotting. It is probably a good idea to see a gynaecologist in case there is another cause.

Tanya, please post your question seperately.

1
Posted by: Tanya Kirsten | 2009-07-21

Dear doc

I have discovered tears/cuts on the area around my clitoris. At times it itches and even burns. How is this caused. At times there is a little bit of bleeding as well but not a lot.

Reply to Tanya Kirsten